Marianne Kolbuszewski Psychotherapist
- MA (Cantab)
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, The Minster Centre, London, 1985
- UKCP Registered Integrative Psychotherapist since 1992
- UKCP Approved Supervisor
- I am an integrative psychotherapist, using psychodynamic, humanistic, psychoanalytic, transpersonal, art therapies, and cognitive behavioural therapies
- I work with general issues, such as anxiety, depression, bereavement, stress, panic attacks, eating disorders, addictions, phobias, trauma, PTSD, relationship problems, low self esteem, underachievement, loss of meaning, life changes, creativity and creative block, and work related issues.
About my work
- Working in private practice for over 30 years, with individuals in short and long term therapy
- Counsellor, and Housing Support Worker for MIND in Lambeth and Wandsworth, 1984 – 96. Working with people experiencing severe or chronic mental health problems, finding ways of improving their quality of life and coping skills, and with people undergoing breakdown.
- Counselling Project Manager at Southwark Carers' Centre 1999 - 2005, supporting carers experiencing stresses in their caring role
- Macmillan Bereavement Manager, and Team Leader of Patient and Family Support Services at Meadow House Hospice, Ealing NHS, 2005-13. Leading a team of counsellors, psychotherapists, clinical psychologists and social workers providing support to patients and families at the end of life. Working as a psychotherapist with bereavement, management of chronic and life-limiting illness, managing chronic pain, managing traumatic injury, responding to life-limiting or terminal diagnosis, facing death, and related issues.
- Clinical Supervisor for the Priory Hospital Roehampton Therapy Services, since 2016. Working with therapists on in- and out-patient psychiatric care.
- Since 2016, Staff Counsellor for the charity Beyond Autism, at the Rainbow School, Wandsworth. Supporting school staff in their work.
- Co-Director of Wandsworth Association of Psychotherapists since 1995, currently providing psychotherapy and a low cost counselling service in Balham, and supervised clinical placements for trainee counsellors and psychotherapists
- UKCP Approved Supervisor, providing group and individual clinical supervision for trainee and qualified psychotherapists for about 20 years. I encourage therapists to develop their own style of therapeutic practice, and their openness to themselves, their clients, and the work.
On-line counselling and psychotherapy
As well as face to face sessions, I also work with supervisees and psychotherapy clients online, using Skype.
What is Psychotherapy?
- Psychotherapy provides a safe, regular, reliable and confidential relationship in which to explore life's problems by understanding and making sense of symptoms and difficulties. Change becomes possible and a range of different choices can be made.
- Short term counselling focuses on immediate life concerns, while longer term psychotherapy explores habitual life patterns and tendencies.